Being obese is one of the biggest problems one feel ashamed of. Because of this person don’t tend to socialize to anyone, they feel annoyed. There are many ways to treat obesity one can be by medicines and another method is to lose weight naturally. Let us discuss that in detail.
The significance of healthy eating
As suggested by many medicos obesity can happen due to many underlying reasons but the number one key to beat obesity is by monitoring the food intake. This should be your primary goal as eating healthy also safeguards your overall health. Many people succumb to their obese condition and lose hope in their recovery. But it is very possible to get your figure back to normal by cooking from home and cooking the right meal. That way your entire calorie intake will be well taken care of.
Quick breakfast recipes
Oatmeal with nuts
- Boil a cup of milk for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add your desired type of oats in the required quantity.
- After the milk cools down a little, add nuts like almond or walnut.
- You can even add dates and raisin to satisfy your sweet cravings.
Mint green juice
- Chop the mint leaves roughly and blend to a fine paste.
- To that paste add water, lemon, honey, flax seed, horse gram and chia seeds.
- Mix well and consume it soon after preparation
- After soaking them overnight, boil the chickpeas for about 15 to 20 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Prepare to temper with oil, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds and add it to the boiled chickpeas.
- Mix properly and enjoy the delicious breakfast.
Quick dinner recipes
- Boil 2 cups of lentil.
- Add oil in a pan and subsequently add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chili, chopped onion and sauté the mixture until the onions become brown.
- Then add the boiled lentil and let the whole mixture simmer for a minute.
- Add tomatoes or tomato puree, salt to taste and chili powder.
- Let it simmer for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve this curry with brown or white rice.
Lady’s finger fry
- Cut the ladyfingers into small pieces.
- Add oil in a pan and add the cut pieces.
- Mix it well and let oil coat the pieces evenly.
- Sprinkle some water and close the lid for 5 to 10 min and cook it in low flame.
- Mix it well and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
- After it turns light black in color, turn off the stove and add salt to taste.
Mixed raw vegetables
- Cut beetroot, snake guard and carrot into small cubes.
- Mix the vegetables together and add a tempering made of mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Finally, add some lemon to bring more taste to the raw vegetables.
- Serve with rice.
Benefits of cooking at home
Cooking at home can be very beneficial in not just keeping a tab on your weight but also preventing many health conditions that occur as a result of constantly consuming the food from restaurants. At home, you will know what ingredients go into the meal so you can easily control the calorie intake. Whereas when you eat outside more often, you end up consuming unwanted calories that exist due to unknown ingredients.
Moreover, at home, you can make the recipes based on your taste and adjust the salt and spice as per your liking. You can even experiment with different dishes and constantly reinvent yourself. You will soon realize that cooking can be fun and enjoyable. Not just you but your family can also benefit a lot from healthy food made at home. The overall health of the household will be well taken care of just by cooking from home.